Saturday, December 25, 2010

This years Christmas Project


This is probably the biggest creative project I have undertaken, but also the most fun. I got this idea for a playhouse for my niece and nephew. I saw a smaller version on etsy. It was made to go over a card table, but I really wanted something that would grow with them. I came up with this idea. It started with about $20 in PVC parts and an extremely helpful home depot clerk.




Then I started trimming and pinning felt together until I came up with this.

It's 3ft wide, 4ft long, 4ft tall on the corners and slmost 5ft at the peak.











The front door attaches at the top only. I sewed in the window and added the mail slot with letters embroidered with "Mommy", "Daddy" and the kids names. Then sewed on stamps. My niece got a kick out of "delivering" the mail.













The little details took the most time, but were simple to do.














An artistic friend helped with the pattern for the cow.






















I added a window to the side and sewed a flower box with pockets big enough for the pipe cleaner stems to go into.


















A few more details.




3 comments:

Alicia Ballard said...

Now I'm doubley (is that a word) impressed...first you update, and who knew you were so dang crafty? What an awesome aunt!!

Kimberly said...

LOVE IT!! You did such a great job! Now I want to do one for my kids..but I don't sew!

M'lis said...

For video of finished project go here: http://msmlis.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-day.html

Newer Post Older Post Home